Dr. Victor Bucalo, M.D.
Victor Bucalo, M.D. has been practicing at The PM&R Center since 2006. Dr. Bucalo completed his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Nassau County Medical Center, and earned his medical doctorate with honors from St. George’s University School of Medicine. Dr. Bucalo is a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation as well as the American Medical Association.
He enjoys tennis, snow skiing, mountain biking, surfing, and traveling.
- 1998 - 2002: St. Georges University School of Medicine (Grenada, WI)
- Iota Epsilon Alpha Honor Society
- Deans List all semesters
- 1993 - 1995: Tulane University (New Orleans, LA)
- Received Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Master thesis on "Analysis of the Effects of Crevice Chemistry and Surface Disruption on the Corrosion of Modular Total Hip Replacement Alloys"
- Special interest in Biomaterials
- 1989 - 1993: Tulane University
- Received Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Studies included biochemical engineering, biomedical engineering design and analysis, biofluid mechanics, electronics, robotics, applied optics, medical instumentation and microprocessors, static, dynamics, mechanic of materials
Research & Publications
- 2005 - 2006: Nassau University Medical Center Case Presentations
- Bucalo, V., Weiss, L., Cruz, R., Pobre, T., (2006), "Bilateral Femoral and Obtutator Neuropathy after Vaginal Hysterectomy"; Preceedings of the Annual Association of Academic Physiatrist Conference
- Bucalo, V., Weiss, L., (2006), "Ulnar Neuropathy secondary to Tear of the Medical Head of Triceps Brachii Muscle"; Proceedings of the Annual Association of Academic Physiatrist Conference
- 1992 - 1995: Tulane University Orthopaedic Biomaterial Publications
- Bucalo, V., Bundy, K.J., (1995), "Deaeration, pH Shift, Surface Disruption Effects on the Corrosion of Modular Total Hip Replacement Alloys"; Proceedings of the 14th Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference: 311-315
- Bundy, K.J., Laycock, Y., Bucalo, V., and Gomez-Novoa, C., (1994), "Chemical and Temporal Influences on Modular THR Corrosion"; Proceedings of the 20th Meeting of the Society of Biomaterials; 112
- Bundy, K.J., Laycock, Y., Gomez-Novoa, C., and Bucalo, V., (1994), Mechanisms of Surface Attack on Modular THR's: A Study of Galvanic Contact and Crevice COnditions"; Proceedings of the Compability of Biomedical Implants Symposium (185th Meeting of the Electrochemical Society): 307-318
- Bucalo, V., Gomez-Novoa, C., Laycock, Y., and Bundy, K.J., (1993), "Electrochemical Testing of Galvanically coupled Alloys used in Total Hip Replacement Devices"; Proceedings of the 12th Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference; 96-98
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association
Special Educational Activities
- 2005 Botulinum Neurotoxin Injection Training Workshop
- 2005 AAPM&R Annual Conference
- 2005 AAPM&R Coding and Billing Workshop
- Nerve Injury, Sero-negative Spondyloarthropy, Electrodiagnostic evalutaion of Myopathies, Myasthenia Gravis, Prosthetic Suspension SYstems, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Morphine, DVT Functional Outcomes in Cancer Rehabilitation, Lumbar Stenosis, Medical Billing and E&M Codes
- Conversational Spanish