Dr. Montag received his bachelor's degree in biology from Yeshiva University in Manhattan. He took time off between his undergraduate studies and worked as a physical therapy aide for two years, where he developed a love for rehabilitation medicine. He pursued his medical training at The New York College of Osteopathic Medicine near his home on Long Island. He completed his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Indiana University.
Dr. Montag works in our practice at the Englewood and Bardonia offices, as well as seeing patients in our affiliated subacute rehabilitation facilities. His medical interests include general rehabilitation medicine, back and neck pain, joint pain, botulinum toxin injections for spasticity and migraines, and electrodiagnostic medicine.
In his spare time, Dr. Montag enjoys spending time with his family and friends. He also enjoys cooking and playing basketball.
- Doctor of Osteopathy 2011-2015
- Bachelors of Science in Biology 2006-2010
- Disability Examiner 2018-Present
- Resident physician, Department of PM&R 2016-Present
- Intern Physician, Traditional Rotation Internship 2015-2016
- Physical Therapy Aide 2009-2015
Speaking and Research Experience
- Temporomandibular Joint Heterotopic Ossification and Myositis Ossificans of Facial Musculature Following Traumatic Brain Injury: A Rare Case October 2018
- Controversies in Sacroiliac Joint Pain August 2018
- Safety Considerations in Botulinum Toxin Injections January 2018
- UCL Tears: An in Depth Look at the Rise in Incidence May 2017
- Transtibial Amputation: A Literature Based Overview December 2016
- Research Assistant May-August 2008
- American Academy of PM&R (AAPM&R) – Member and Indiana University PM&R Program Ambassador (2017-2018)
- Association of Academic Physiatrists(AAP) – Member
- Spine Intervention Society – Member
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA) – Member
- Trained in peripheral joint and axial spine injections using ultrasound and fluoroscopic guidance.
- Regenerative Medicine: Stem Cell Treatment in Osteoarthritis October 2017
- New York State Medical License 2018-Present
- New Jersey State Medical License 2018-Present
- Indiana State Medical License 2017-Present
- Program Director 2017-Present
- Program Representative 2017-2018
- Program Ambassador 2016-2018
- Secretary 2012-2013